This week, we created our pitch for our final project which is about what cause poverty in Britain and what charities are there to support them. we were put into small groups of four in order to present our ideas and feedback. Dave, my tutor said to me that I need to use Harvard referencing when getting pictures and where I collected my research from. I learnt that presenting in a group is helpful because I can reflect my feedback and us this to improve ideas for my final piece. Whilst presenting I felt that I had confidence and I felt that my PowerPoint also emphasized emotion. This was shown through real pictures of families living in poverty, therefore emphasizing just how big of an issue poverty is. I also felt like my key skills were shown through presenting. The next thing that I need to so is to plan my article out before I write it and do some background research. Also next week we will be doing our work experience unit. When I was creating my pitch , Dave gave us a PowerPoint to follow so we have an idea what to put into our pitch. Also I include some background information of different causes of poverty and how it can affect people in the long run of life. Also living in poverty can cause mental health problems and low self esteem. Also I added what charities can help people living in poverty in the PowerPoint and I am going to add them into my article.
Oxfam logo new – Logok
In-text: (Logok, 2016)
Your Bibliography: Logok. (2016). Oxfam logo new – Logok. [online] Available at: http://logok.org/oxfam-logo/oxfam-logo-new/ [Accessed 29 Apr. 2016].nks
In-text: (Releaseonline.org.uk, 2016)
Your Bibliography: Releaseonline.org.uk. (2016). Links | Release Online. [online] Available at: http://www.releaseonline.org.uk/?page_id=271 [Accessed 29 Apr. 2016].
Omaha Salvation Army
In-text: (Salarmyomaha.org, 2016)
Your Bibliography: Salarmyomaha.org. (2016). Omaha Salvation Army. [online] Available at: http://www.salarmyomaha.org/ [Accessed 29 Apr. 2016].
There are so many problems that causes poverty in Britain and how we can stop people living in poverty by writing about different charities that can help the families. Also in my article I am going to include about child poverty and should it be allowed in Britain.
The causes of poverty are
- unemployment/low paid work
What is poverty?
There is not one single explanation of what is poverty.
BBC – Poverty – Definitions
In-text: (Bbc.co.uk, 2016)
Today I finished off the I have a question PowerPoint and found some more background information on poverty in Britain ready to pitch my idea next week and write an article.
Copy and paste work
My creative response will show what causes poverty in Britain. The main argument is to show if poverty should be in Britain. I want the audience to understand how people are affected by poverty. my audience is is for families who are living in poverty and people who are not living in poverty. I will make this accessible by writing an article on what causes poverty in Britain and how we can help to fight poverty. The medium that I am going to use is writing an article and photography because I can take pictures of people who are living in poverty .
The question is what causes poverty in Britain. I am going to answer the question by interviewing people about their view on poverty in Britain. What they think cause poverty in Britain and should it be allowed in Britain.
Background information on what causes poverty in Britain
1: Child poverty facts
- 9 out of 30 children in a classroom are living in poverty
- 7 million children are living in poverty in 2013-14
- The children in poverty today has increased by 0.5million since 2010
- Children who are growing up in poverty are hungry, begin cold and not being with their friends. For example 60 per cent of families are in the bottom income quintile would like but can’t pay to take their families on holidays and days outs.
|What do I need to research
|What factors that are causing poverty in Britain
||I am going to look on the internet and in books about poverty in Britain
|What are peoples view on poverty in Britain
||I am going to do this by writing a questionnaire and interviewing people about their views
|What has poverty been like in the past
||I am going to look on the internet to see how poverty have developed over the years
|How to write an article
||By looking on the website how they have written articles and look at templates that are going to help me to structure my article
Today I finished exploring what cause poverty and put more detail on each sector that cause poverty in Britain and expand my ideas. Also I collect facts and figures to prove why poverty is not a good in Britain and everyone should be looked after.
What causes poverty in Britain?
- ethnic minorities
Today I choose my question based on the topic poverty and what causes poverty in Britain. I did mind maps of poverty in Britain and got some facts about poverty and also I explain why I am passionate about poverty and how it makes me feel . I am going to ask people there view about what cause poverty in Britain and how they feel about it. The reason why I choose poverty because I don’t like seeing families and young children not having a home to live in and not having enough money to buy food and they have to live on what they have got and there are loads of factors that cause poverty in Britain, for example: low income, health and disability etc.
Today we choose five social issues to mind map and explore my ideas to find one that I am passionate about. The five topics that I decide on are poverty,equality nhs, benefits and terrorist attack. The next thing that I need to do is think of a question but the question has to be simple, truthful and not be too opened about it. In this lesson I learnt that narrowing down your ideas and mind mapping them them to one final idea about a certain topic in society and finding a question based on that topic. also we had to narrow our ideas down to one that we are passionate at home.
Today we started working on a project for trimester 3. This includes looking at our strengths and weakness for the past two trimester to see how we have developed our skills and ideas. Also we were looking at social issues as a group and then we had to decide on ten issues that affects us then we have to narrowed it down to five ideas and expand the ideas into a mind map then we had to pick one that drawn to us the most and find a question within that the topic and how to answer it.
Strengths and weakness
: 3 skills you have gathered from the last two trimester
- Editing a video because when I first started the course, I didn’t how to use Adobe premier to merge the video together to make it a final product without any mistakes in it. I am more confident using the editing program because I can add music and still photos to the video to make it more realistic and for this trimester I will add different music to the video.
- Writing a story because we had different steps to plan out the story and add more detail using storyboards.
- doing animation
2: improved since joining the course
1: developing my ideas further
2: creating my an interactive product
3: organising my work to meet the deadlines- this help me a lot since joining the course because I started late and making a timetable to show what piece of work was
3: what piece of work are you proud of
My Halloween video because I want to different places to film and take photos to combined with the music.
4: what medium is you’re strongest?
5: what medium do you want to develop?
- terrorist attack
- judgmental and stereotypes
- mental health
- Equality links to the college because we accept people from different cultures and adapt to their needs to help them with their work. The college can raise awareness of equality by putting posters around the college to make sure students know what equality is and how to use it in the right manner. Also on the posters we can put where the students can get help from and who to speak to in the college.
- I choose benefits because most people are entitled to benefits if they are employed and looking for job, if they have children and not working or if you are in supported lodgings. But some people can get turn down for benefits because they are working or not in full time education.
- I think that terrorist attack effects most people because if they are in the country where the attack is taking place they might be family members out there you might not survive and it will make the rest of the family upset and they don’t have the right to get killed if they haven’t done anything wrong and they should be able to carry on following their dreams
- I think no one should be judgmental because it will hurt other peoples feelings. Also people have the right to express themselves without being judge by other people in the world. but on the other hand we can be judgmental ourselves and we don’t realize we are doing it and hurting people’s feelings. Also i think stereotype is wrong because not all teenagers are naughty but newspapers also express how teenagers are getting into trouble with the police but not all teenagers are like that because certain teenagers have rules and boundaries from their parents and know their limits.
- Lots of people suffer from mental health problems because some people find it hard to talk to other people about how they are feeling and they leave it bottled up inside of them and they feel down for more than a month. this mental health issues is called depression but they are loads of different mental health issues. this affects me because i know how it feels to feel down and when you don’t talk to people about what is bothering.
- Poverty is a continue issue within society because everyday there are people in Africa who are starving and dying of thirst everyday because young kids have to go to the river to collect water which is dirty and makes them ill and they can die from drinking this water . This makes me feel sorry and sad for the families that are living in these poor countries because that don’t have enough money to get clean water and also I hate seeing children die at such a young age.
- NHS is a problem in society because not everybody gets the Nhs treatment for free because in america they have to pay for their treatments but in england we get the NHS treatment free but I think everyone should not pay for the treatment they need